Inflammation of the pancreas – pancreatitis – disables the entire digestive system. It synthesized all the enzymes that help in the processing of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Pancreatitis can be acute and chronic, but if any form is required to adhere to the diet.
Common rules of diet
In this pathology the main task is to spare the digestive system in the mechanical, chemical and thermal terms. A healthy diet for pancreatitis of the pancreas often heal the inflammation, restores its function, protects the stomach from aggressive food reduces the active work of the gallbladder and prevents from diseases of the liver.
Patients should eat the food provided for the table number 5P classification Pevsner. Food should be nutritious but low in fat and carbohydrates, namely sugar.
Allowed an increased amount of protein. This way you can prevent the transition of liver steatosis and the occurrence of diabetes. A day should be consumed a certain amount of nutrients:
- Protein – 100-120 g, of which 65% of animal origin.
- Fats – 80-100 g, of which 15-20% were of plant origin.
- Carbohydrates – 300-350 g, of sugar in them – 30-40 g.
- Food salt – 6-10 g, the food is better to salt a little.
- Fluid intake – 1.5-2 liters.
Energy rate per day shall not exceed 2500-2600 calories. Daily caloric needs to calculate the physician taking into account the existing weight, and health of the patient.
- Mechanical preparation products. In the acute stage of the disease the food you want to wipe, puree and cook for a couple. This is the most easy on the stomach and eases digestion.
- The food temperature. You can't eat hot or cold food. The optimum temperature of 20-50 degrees.
- A moderate serving. Do not overeat when the disease, so as not to burden the sick body and the whole system.
- Diet. Eating should be fractional, 5-6 times a day moderate volumes. So disappears the load on the organs, food is quickly and easily absorbed, will not abdominal pain after eating.
- The ban on alcohol and tobacco. In this disease alcohol contributes to the buildup of plaques in the ducts of the glands, preventing the release of her secret into the duodenum. Iron while still stronger becomes inflamed and begins to self-digest itself. But nicotine prevents the synthesis of an enzyme that eliminates acetaldehyde.
Considering the disease is insidious, when it is required to strictly observe the rules of diet, because otherwise, there is a worsening of all the treatment will be ineffective.
How long do I need to diet depends on the course of disease. First you should always very strict diet, and then the boundaries of acceptable products is gradually expanding.
What can you eat with pancreatitis?
Allowed at this pathology products should be lightweight to not impede the work of the pancreas, then less will have to produce enzymes.
Food must be rapidly processed and to pass from the stomach and intestines on the way out, without forming gas, which enhances the already sharp pain in the abdomen.
The food should contain more protein, because the enzymes that synthesize iron consist of them. What foods you can eat without fear of another attack, and provided a list:
- Bread. Dried, stale, dry biscuits, crackers.
- Soups. Preferably from pureed vegetables: pumpkin, potato, carrot, zucchini. You can cook with noodles, semolina or oatmeal.
- Meat. Only vegetable varieties: pure veal fillet, chicken breast, Turkey, rabbit. Only boiled or steamed: burgers, dumplings, beef Stroganoff.
- Fish. Dry varieties: carp, Pollock, cod, steamed or boiled fish.
- Cereals. You are allowed pureed buckwheat, semolina, rice porridge on the water mixed with milk, oatmeal, casseroles of cereals with cottage cheese.
- Dairy products. Low-fat milk, low fat cottage cheese, not sour, yoghurt, kefir, yogurt. Can you eat cheese with low fat content and unsalted.
- Eggs. To prepare an egg-white omelette and the egg yolk is only one a week.
- Vegetables. Allowed potatoes, beets, cauliflower, pumpkin, zucchini, carrots, green peas boiled.
- Sweets. Instead of sand to take xylitol. What fruit can in pancreatitis: ripe and not sour fruit and berries, allowed to prepare compotes, mousse, jelly, all to wipe. You can eat sweet baked apples.
- Sauces. You need to prepare meals of vegetable broth and milk, adding flour.
- Fats. You can eat butter, but not more than 30 g per day, purified plant – 10-15 g and flavoring them a ready meal on a plate.
- Drinks. You can drink weak tea with lemon, broth hips, mineral water without gas, juice, pre-mixed with water in a ratio of 1:1.
This light diet is used in chronic pancreatitis during rest. During exacerbation diet drastically changes that should be performed unconditionally.
What is prohibited?
Diet for inflammation of the pancreas does not allow the use products that increase the release of gastric juice and the secretion of the gland. If it is produced more enzymes and they do not go completely to process food, then begin to eat away at the tissue of the patient's body. To reduce the isolation of enzymes and the rapid elimination of inflammation is required to abandon the use of the following products:
- Soups. Don't eat soups on meat, fish and mushroom broth, which consist of many ingredients: cabbage, soup. Dairy soups are also banned, and cold, for example, okroshka.
- Fresh bread from rye or wheat, fried pies, cakes, muffins.
- Meat. Pork and mutton, goose and duck, that is the types of fat, offal, sausages, smoked, canned food.
- Fish. The types of fatty, fried, smoked, salted and canned.
- Dairy products. You can not eat fatty dairy products: sour cream, cheese, cream.
- Cereals. Prohibited: barley, millet, corn and wheat cereals. They long to digest, causing the secretion of hydrochloric acid.
- Eggs. Boiled hard-boiled and scrambled eggs.
- Vegetables. You can't eat cabbage, radish, turnips, eggplant, sweet and hot peppers, spinach, garlic, radish.
- Jam, chocolate, raw and not wiped fruits and berries (grapes, figs, bananas), ice cream.
- Spicy seasonings. Spicy seasoning: pepper, horseradish, vinegar and the like.
- Coffee, strong tea, sweet drinks, cocoa, grape juice.
When cooking is prohibited to use solid fats: beef, lamb, pig fat, bear and the like. It's difficult to process the patient gastrointestinal tract.
Diet in acute pancreatitis
Acute pathology of the cancer in the first two days requires a complete abstinence from food. The patient needs complete rest – both physical and emotional. You can drink alkaline mineral water, weak unsweetened tea and decoction of rose hips. Additionally, you can put a bottle with ice on his belly. Then a couple days food is introduced in the form of droppers.
At day 4-5 small meals the patient can be given a low-calorie food in the form of liquid porridges, mucous broths. 5-6 days is possible to give an omelette with egg whites, pureed porridge of buckwheat or oatmeal, boiled vegetables and some crackers. Food to take 6 times a day in small volumes. Then, you can use puddings, mousses, puddings. After removing the acute phase the patient goes on a diet №5P.
Diet in chronic pancreatitis
If the hepatitis became chronic, then the person should almost always eat diet food. Experts developed for this special table 5P, the aim of the diet is aimed at maximum facilitation of the work of the pancreas and full of tranquility. This is achieved by the proper chemical composition of food, amount of servings. The menu is dominated by protein foods, low carbohydrates and fats, there is a complete refusal of coarse fibre and heavy meats. Food to cook strictly for a couple, boil or stew.
Can't drink alcoholic beverages and to flavor foods hot spices. During remission, you can extend the list of allowed foods, but not beyond the allowed foods list, which is above.
Diet for pancreatitis the pancreas, with the aggravation, if the disease has taken a chronic form, exactly like in acute pancreatitis. First two days calm and just drink, then the liquid porridge and pureed soups, and after that the diet expands to a reasonable level.
From the list of permitted meals, you can choose a suitable combination, so that the food does not become boring and not enough. What can I eat during the day:
- Salad of boiled beet, juice.
- Low-fat cottage cheese, broth hips.
- Scrambled eggs steamed, tea and biscuits.
- Oatmeal, jelly.
- Buckwheat porridge, tea.
- The carrot salad.
- Baked Apple with dried apricots.
- The beaten egg whites.
- Rice with raisins.
- Mashed carrot and pumpkin.
- Soups and borscht on vegetable broth.
- Chicken cutlet.
- The steamed fish with rice.
- Pasta nautically.
- Vegetables steamed.
- Jelly made from fruit or berries.
- Sandwich with butter and cheese.
- Jelly from the berries.
- Baked potato.
- Mashed beans.
- Vinaigrette cheese and yoghurt.
- Scrambled eggs and cheese.
- Rice pudding and yogurt.
- Boiled cauliflower and yogurt.
- Eggs from the squash and yogurt.
This is a rough menu from which you can take any dish or come up with it independently of those foods that are allowed to eat and cook way, sparing the diseased organ.
Herbs for pancreatitis
To help alleviate the condition, while at home, you can using various herbal concoctions and infusions. The most effective for pancreatitis are: Helichrysum, mugwort, hawthorn, agrimony, mint, St. John's wort, aloe, chamomile and others.
They can be used separately, but they are better in training camp. In acute best herbal doctor a decoction of rose hips.
Many patients care about whether it is possible to med with pancreatitis? Yes, honey is digested more easily than sugar, so they can replace the famous and very harmful to the human body sweetener.
Especially patients to pancreatitis is forbidden to eat cakes, pastries and other sweets. Med inflammation of the pancreas is of great benefit: reduces inflammation, boosts immunity, helps in healing of wounds.
Diet for pancreatitis of any form is the true path to recovery. If this be neglected, it can cause severe complications and to get out of this situation will be difficult.